Wednesday 21 July 2010

The Creators Project Party - London


I went to the Creators Project Party for an innovative night of music, technology, art and booze last saturday. I landed my free ticket by registering on their website and low and behold i was granted two tickets.

The party promised to be an eclectic mix of top musical artists, film directors, producers, visual artists and technological innovation. It was an exhibition with live performances and DJ's intwined. Not to mention the free bar all night. (I paid for it the following morning let me tell you).

Victoria House Basement was a perfect venue for the party and I was impressed when i arrived. I attended with the boyfriend and one of my close friends from university. I was herded around the venue by tightly dressed scene kids with oversized glasses and vintage clothing. I was hit by the amount of beautiful people in this place. Surely not just co-incidence?

I couldn't stay for the entire night unfortunately as some of us had work the next day. But what i did see was really good. I watched Spike Jonze's film about two robots who fell in love. The direction and idea was brilliant.

I also took part in the Pop Song Panel where we made a song as an audience with a producer and singer/songwriter Jammer. It was slow to get started but the auditorium was full of adrenaline.

The highlight of the night was Mark Ronson & The Business International. His charisma on stage lit the room on fire and the crowd was electric. I didn't even mind having my feet trod on and elbows in my side. I sang Bang Bang Bang the whole way home.

After this i retired home. After several completely free Black Bull's (Eristoff Black Vodka and Red Bull) i'd staggered to the tube station to find i'd missed the last tube home and instead had to conquer two long night buses.

What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment